Six Photo Frames to Download

At my job in the Marine Vertebrate Collection at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, I had to scan in old photo slides of fish using a slide scanner. The point was to digitize a large collection of slides of specimens in the collection, so the next step was to clean up the image, crop it, etc. As I was going through some of the files, I realized the slide borders would make good frames to go around digital photos.



I sent the slide files to myself to work on at home, and worked on removing the fish from the slides (to keep just the frame). The frames look good when applied with a blending mode over an image in Photoshop (or something similar), especially if you want to add a scratchy feel to the picture. I won't explain exactly how to do this (unless you ask me, in which case I'm happy to explain), but the frames I came up with are free to download and use as you wish here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9...=en. If the link doesn't work, it means I took the file down, but just email me and I can send it if you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment