Shadowbox and Geolocation

After some commentary on my COGS 187A portfolio, I decided to implement a way to view the images on the website at a larger size, especially since some of the pictures (like portrait layout) are rather small. Although I originally wanted this website to be completely my own work, I decided to implement Shadowbox, a Javascript and CSS tool that allows an easy way to preview images (and videos, HTML pages, etc) within the current webpage. I'm currently in the process of including full size images; at this point, some images are clickable, but don't have a full version to display yet. I'm trying to get this resolved quickly by adding full versions of each picture, but it's not quite done yet.

I also added a geolocation feature to the photography section. If I've attached geolocation to a picture (via the XML file), a link to "View map" will be displayed under the image description. When clicked, a small pop-up (again, via Shadowbox) will appear, showing the location of the picture in a small Google Map view. I'm also in the process of adding this to more and more pictures, so expect to see that more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment